One may assert that chicken is way too common. Accepted. Yes, chicken is pretty common and is arguably the food most experimented with worldwide. In fact, its ubiquity is what makes its essence as it is loved by almost everyone. Talking about experiments, having grill and chicken together makes way for enough experiments to fulfill a foodie’s life. Moreover, we cannot really brush aside the nutrition-related with chicken, we can only enhance it, and here we are going to do just that. Furthermore, this salad is loaded with enough flavors to appeal to you. So, let us now go on to discuss the recipe.
The required time and other little details:
This recipe is healthy and fairly easy to make. The preparation in discussion here would serve about 4 people. It takes about 30 minutes to prepare Chicken Cobb Salad and a total time of about 48 minutes to come up with it on the platter.
Some nutritional information:
It is considered good to know what a particular food does to your body, hence this information. Your salad carries with it the following:
- About 4.5 grams of fiber
- 8.9 grams of carbohydrates
- A staggering 27.2 grams of protein
- Quite fatty at 21.7 grams
- A whopping 333 calories
The nutritional information is quite a testimony to the health benefits attached to this recipe.
The required ingredients:
Cooking takes in some amount of raw material and this recipe, too, has a list of items to be kept ready. That list is as follows:
- About 1.5 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
- 2 large eggs, cooked hard, split into four pieces and chilled
- About ¼ inch thick slices of 2 tomatoes
- 1/3rd of a cup filled with avocado, diced and peeled
- Half a cup of basil leaves, fresh and chopped
- 4 cups full of baby spinach
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock, unsalted
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- A teaspoon of canola oil
- 3 slices of bacon
- 3 tablespoons of water
- A minced clove of garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- A tablespoon of lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, extra-virgin
- Half a cup of diced avocado, for dressing
Once you have these items ready, you may proceed further with the cooking procedure.
The procedure of cooking:
As said earlier, this recipe is fairly easy. However, you must stick to the steps that follow in order to tend to perfection.
- Use your food processor to blend water, garlic clove, black pepper, kosher salt, lemon juice, olive oil and diced avocado together.
- Cook your bacon in a skillet while placed on a medium flame for some time.
- Take your bacon out of this pan and place chicken on it. Spend about 5-6 minutes sautéing the chicken and shred when done.
- Now prepare your griddle. Place stock and chicken and heat over medium-high flame.
- Allow smoke to be around the chicken for about 10 minutes.
- Grab a huge bowl and add to it basil, romaine, and spinach. Mix them well.
- Now distribute cheese, eggs, tomatoes, avocado, chicken, and bacon evenly in plates.
- Pour some drops of oil over the salad so obtained.
That’s it, your recipe is ready.
If you have access to a griddle and some chicken, do not wait for anything else, just cook!