Coffee is pretty much our companion through life. Most of us happen to own a coffee brewer for the sheer pleasure of brewing at home and relishing a homemade coffee. The taste of our own hands is unparalleled. While we know what we are feeding on, it is also important to have the testimony of its hygiene. Recent studies have shown that most of the coffee brewers have mold and yeast growing in their reservoirs. This poses severe health perils. The only way to avoid this is to ensure proper cleanliness in your coffee brewer. You may insist that your cleanliness methods are good enough but it is important to understand that health hazards are to be dealt with utmost care and proper methods of eradicating them. The molds and yeast that grow in the brewer have a lot to do with the idling of the machine. While you do not use the machine to brew coffee, germs develop and create some colonies invisible to the naked eye.
Because maintaining health standards is a priority and remains essential to the existence of human beings, we bring to you a step by step guide to cleaning your coffee brewer and keeping diseases at bay. Let us go on to discuss the steps that you must follow.
- Mix equal parts of water and white vinegar. Pour this solution in the water chamber of your coffee brewer.
- Bring in a paper filter and brew the contents so as to bring down the contents to half the capacity of the chamber.
- Switch off the supply and allow your coffee brewer to stand for about 30 minutes before your complete the process of brewing.
- Get a fresh paper filter and brew some amount of water.
- Repeat the above step twice.
- Now fill out the carafe of your brewing machine with some warm water. Add some rice to it to rub the sides gently.
- Swirl and stir this mixture in the carafe.
- Consider bringing in a scrubber to manually get rid of any remaining gunk.
- Rinse the container properly and let it dry out over time before performing any other step.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the outside parts of the brewer.
- Please ensure that you take care of your coffee brewer daily in order to eliminate the health hazards associated with it. This could be done by repeating the above two steps every single day.
Cleanliness is the key to healthy brewing. Keep your everyday coffee cup safe from all the hazards that seek to ruin the pleasure that it carries. And as a suggestion, we insist that you do not just rely on hot water for cleanliness, but carry out each and every step with utmost precision and care. With the above mentioned steps properly carried out, you would be a significantly lesser risk.
Keep your brewing safe and sane and pleasurable and free from acute hazards. With this, we wish you luck. Happy brewing!